Do you ever worry that your child will grow up to be a bad person?

OK this sounds crazy but sometimes I feel like my little boy is going to grow up to be bad. He is so sweet and always has been and even though he's very active and gets into everything there isn't really any reason for me to think that, but I do. I don't know where I'm getting it from.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't worry that my kids will be bad; I worry about them making bad decisions. But then I tell myself that I can only try to teach them good things now and I understand myself that once they get to a certain age I can no longer watch everything they do; nor control the decisions they make.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i worry about them making bad decisions when theyre in there teens like doing drugs, driving drunk, things like that.. because me and my sons father both did that. i also worry about him not being happy with his life, or me not being able to make him as happy as i want to be.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• No but I do worry sometimes with my oldest who is 8 that she is so nice people might take advantage of her kindness :( Trying to raise her to be fearless and not let people step all over her.Dont worry you probably just want whats best and deep down you hope he isnt bad as long as you teach him what he needs to know in life he will be fine :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• As moms we worry about all kinds of things. Its normal. I too worry about my kids making bad decisions in life. Driving drunk or stealing. But, they have never given me any reason not to trust them. Take it one day at a time. He is going to be a wonderful person when he grows up cause he has a very caring mommy!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think every parent has this fear at one point or another. We just have to be the best we can be to teach them right from wrong.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I worry everyday what kind of person my daughters will grow up to be but the I look at their mother and father and we are both good people and I take a breath of relief. Your kids will be ok as long as you instill good morals, values, and respect.
    Mameech1

Answer by Mameech1 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Im in school for crimnal justice now and i always hear about serial killers and rapiest and theives and i think them people were once kids they have parents what turned them to be that way so i just try to be the best parent i can be and not expose to my kids to bad things thats all u can really do is pray but it does scare me.
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I've heard horror stories where good children went bad when they reached a certain age due to peer pressure. However, that isn't necessarily true with every child.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• sometimes i worry about how my 8 year old step son will turn out. not matter what we do he thinks what ever he wants to do is the right thing to do, even when it hurts someone else. when he gets angry at me or his dad he hits his youger brother or sister. his 5 year old sister can handle her feelings better and learns from her mistakes more than he does. when he gets in trouble he acts like he can't understand why, even when it is something he has gotten in trouble for many times.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 5:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Honestly, I think when a child is truly "bad" it's apparent from an early age. That doesn't mean that later they won't make bad decisions or hang with people who will get them in bad situations. I guess I am a beleiver in "the bad seed".
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 7, 2010