Kinda upset and very lonely

This kinda goes with my post about my Dh lying to me. He's still not home and it's almost 9pm. He got off work at 6. Said that he had a water gun fight to go to. It was for work, some sort of fund raiser. His boss paid for him to go, so it wasn't really an option (or so he says). It's pouring down rain outside and has been for over an hour. There is no way a squirt gun fight would take place in the rain, and there is no way one would take place in the dark and it's getting dark outside.

I'm pretty sure he lied about this. What would you do when he got home if this was you?

If you didn't read the other post, my Dh has lied to me in the past about having female friends. Lied about meeting them, talking to them and hanging out with them.. said it was someone who was male. He says he's never cheated on me, but I have no idea.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• nannyB has a point, but i would be too pissed to even do that. im sorry but that sounds like a garbage excuse. you need dto find out the truth sounds like something is going on
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You need to figure out what you are worth and what you want. Tell him, and that is not a compromising sort of a convo, either he can do it or he can't. If he can't. Grab bootstraps and pull up tight and go get what you want and deserve.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• He sounds like he is a cheater. Why would he meet other women and then lie about it? Because he his trying to hide his infidelities.  I'm sorry you are going through this:( If I were you, I wouldn't stay but I don't know your full story so you are going to have to make the right decision for yourself. Good luck hon:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• A squirt gun fight? Maybe a paint ball fight, but I cant believe he told you that. His boss had to pay for a squirt gun fight, how much did that cost 50 cents? Really, if he is going to lie, he better come up with something better then this. Mother nature turned on him today.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i would tell him i want a divorce.
    your going to get treated the way you let someone treat you, so either get used to it, or dont.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Do you think maybe he doesn't tell you the truth because he doesn't WANT you to get jealous?

Some men lie like this to attempt to AVOID fights.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'd probably go out and buy a new set of locks and change them before he got home, personally.

Sorry but that story sounds like complete bull, and he will only continue the lies and behavior as long as you allow him to, time to send him a wake up call and tell him to leave
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Next time he has a "fundraiser" to go to or has to "work late" - just show up at the place where he is supposed to be. I'm guessing he won't be there ... Time to cut him loose then.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Let's see here. He lied about this water gun fight. He LIED about not having female friends. He LIED about not talking or hanging out with them. Why the hell do you believe him when he says he's not cheating. He's lying mama.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm sorry that you are facing this; I dont want to make assumptions as I dont know the whole situation, but if I were in your place, I would really suspect something just isnt right and confront him with that, and ask for explanations for his lies.

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 3:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010