my tubes were tied after my daughter was born 5 years ago, since then my periods are very unpredictable and it feels like someone is stabbing my lower abdomen witha knife for the first day or too...is it weird or just me. my dr doesnt really seem at that concerned.

bzyblondmomof5

Asked by bzyblondmomof5 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

• I had mine tied 3 years ago. My periods are also unpredictable now and I get them stabbing pains off and on. Wish I could be more help.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• ME too. I had my tubes tied after my last son, 11 years ago and my periods became heavy and crampy and long. Totally the opposite of before the tubal. I've heard this from a lot of women. I wouldn't worry unless it gets to be unbearable.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• thanks. at least i am not going crazy. they just get so bad that i get doubled over and have to take something just to be able to walk. it gets to be a big pain. and i am way more moody.
    bzyblondmomof5

Comment by bzyblondmomof5 (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You're not crazy. And your Dr. will NOT help you, what is happening here is a symptom of "PTLS" (google that for more info).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• thanks so much. most of the symptoms describes exactly what i am going through. i never really wanted my tubes tied but i have gotten pregnant on 4 different forms of birth control so i did it. i have 5 kids and have had 6 miscarriages.. omg wow lots of info.
    bzyblondmomof5

Comment by bzyblondmomof5 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Had mine done over 7 years ago, I m experiencing the same thing. Sometimes my doc says its my age not because of the tubal.
    jennient3

Answer by jennient3 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i know hormones can flux but i just turned 31. this has been only a problem since having the tubal. i had always wondered if you stopped a hormone controlled cycle (ovulation) if it had detremental effects.
    bzyblondmomof5

Comment by bzyblondmomof5 (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Stopping a hormone controled cycle can have a very large impact!! Your body ahs to learn how to do it on it's own and sometimes it just doesn't know how to do that. Are you sure you do not have olycystic ovarie sydrome? Or PCOS. I used to have the same stabbing pain before I had my daughter. After I had a girl and my right ovarie removed I have regular periods and hardly any cramping. There is usually a reason if the doctor actually wants to find it.
    Joy118

Answer by Joy118 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i have never had any testing done. i do know when i miscarried they told me i had intrauterine cycts that had ruptured they never suggested a follow up and never mentioned anything since. the pain is irregular and has gotten worse since the tubal. my periods are way more disruptive to my life, i do get angrier and a whole lot more emotional since and some of my husband and my worst fights have been while on my period i just can seem to find a balance
    bzyblondmomof5

Comment by bzyblondmomof5 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010