Think to get a divorce...

I am thinking to start a divorce, Why? well simply put 2 years ago my husband and a hidden relationship, I never found out for 100% sure if it further than phone conversations, although honestly the betrayal of that was enough. He lies a lot, and hides things, make promises that he does not keep. He is self employed so no way to track anything, and really I have spent so many hours checking up on him, I can’t live this way. We have four boys together, and have a pretty good life, I get to stay home with my kids and home school them, but I love in pain most days, I don’t know what or when he’s lying, it’s just too much. Can anyone tell me about their lives after divorce?

itsme_dg

Asked by itsme_dg at 4:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• i cant tell you about my life after divorce bc thats never happened but my aunt caught her husband cheating on her, she gave him another chance, 4 months later she found out he was still cheating oh her, so she divorced him. went out occasionally & met this amazing guy, she is now pregnant and having a daughter (had 2 sons with the scumbag) and is doing great.
    my mom & dad are both divorced, remarried & doing great.
    oh! i have an idea. you should rent the movie "its complicated" if you havent seen it. that may help you.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think you said it all when you wrote, "love in pain most days". I remember that when I was married, everyday hurt like hell but I wanted to make the marriage work for my kids. I did love him, but he couldnt be fixed. That pain does go away once you are in a better place. You can begin a new life with your children and start to heal from all this. I dont usually jump in there and recommend a divorce to anyone. But, I do relate to your pain and I want you to know that it is possible to find happiness on the other side of your marriage. Pm me if you want to talk,,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• So far, its so much better. I dont have to worry about what he is doing, and if he is lying. It is definitely hard some days, its hard to lose someone, and its hard to accept that they arent who you thought they were. But without hesitation I can tell you I am much happier. I am just a PM away if you need a shoulder.
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If my husband had a secret relationship, it wouldn't take 2 years for me to consider divorce. I'm not one that will work through a betrayal like that. GL
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 6:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• idk but i wish you good luck. it seems like you already have your mind made up, i cant blame you though.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2010