This may sound rude and absurd, but I don't want the father of my baby in the room when she is being born because of how hes treated me, I wouldn't feel comfortable with it, how do I tell him this?

xxmarissaxx89

Asked by xxmarissaxx89 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell him exactly what you told us. I hope you still aren't with him, because if you don't want him to be in there with you for delivery you certainly shouldn't want him in your life. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Tell him the truth. Tell him you don't like the way he treats you and you don't want him in the room. You need to be thinking on your labor and thinking positive. You don't need some next to you that's just going to be an ass towards you and stressing you out during that time.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You say: "I don't want you in the room!!". It's your choice and no one else's. Tell the nurses and doctor your choice right when you get to Labor and Delivery, they will keep him out.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would just tell him that considering the things that happened between the two of you, that you will let him know after she is born.

After being the key word.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I don't really know how you would tell him, but I think if he treats you badly you have every right not to have him in the room! You could just tell him "hey, you don't treat me right and I can't have you in there in what is already going to be a stressful time for me" I don't know if you're able to or not, but you could always just not tell him when you go into labor.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You don't even have to tell him if you feel like it'll be too stressful on you. Just make sure you tell the doctors.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Make the nurses tell him,
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 4:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Tell him exactly how you told us. If you aren't comfortable with him in the room, you have every right to choose who want or don't want in there. You don't need to be uncomfortable while giving birth.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Tell him the truth. Don't put your self in a situation that you don't want to be put in. I did.

I didn't want my husband to stay the night after I had my daughter. Because I know that he wasn't going to help me and that I wouldn't get any sleep with him there. I wanted him to stay home with my son. In stead of him staying with my friend (my son). I was right too. He was no help to me and I've never heard him snore so loud in my life. I got almost no sleep.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If you don't want to confront him, talk to your doctor ahead of time and tell him/her that you don't want the guy in the room as it would be very stressful for you to have him there. Then on the big day the doctor/nurse can ask him to leave.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010