What Did You Want Your 1st Born To Be And Why ?

I wantd my 1st born to be a boy, Whn I was little my bro. was 1- 1/2 yrs oldr than me, but was born w/one bad eye, & could hardly see. My prnts made him their pet, & were over PROTECTIVE. I a girl had to always go out & take up for him when he was in a fight or trouble outside. I felt bad for him, embarassed for myself being ynger & fighting for a boy, bec the kids wld laugh at him. I had to lead him ard a lot after Dr. appt. but that didn't bother me, I was his eyes. As an adult he is now legally blind, a rock hit him in his good eye, I lead him ard when I'm out w/ him in stores & such, BUT now I feel so sorry for him. He has the funniest personality for a blind person I've ever met, & I love to be ard him. Anyway, I just wntd my girls to have a bro. they could depend on to take up for them, not fight but be there for them if they needed him. I got my boy, but it took 14 yrs & he ws too old to hlp thm as thy grew up anywy.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Healthy and no asthmatic I suffer from asthma and didnt want them to have it my oldest does but it is uncontrol either boy or girl me and my husband didnt have a preference
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• IDk, I wanted both and I got both. Thats so sweet you have been there for your brother through the years. I have a rare eye disease and I have to get a cornea transplant. My kids have been really great about it. Today isnt such a good day, At least I can see the computer. My son is two years younger then his sister and they have to take a bus home from school. He is over 6 ft tall and I always thought he would be her protector, Turns out they dont even walk to the bus stop together, I have to keep reminding him to look out for his sister!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wanted a boy and I got one. I had always watched little boys (babysitting jobs) and only one little girl. So I was used to how most boys acted. I knew that I'd be able to handle a little boy. I was right too. My daughter is a wild child (second child).lol! Took me for a loop.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wanted mine to be a boy because I always thought boys should be older then their sisters (don't know why but my mine changed) Also i like the thought if I had a girl next then she would have a over protective older brother,

My girl came first and my boy came second :) wouldn't change it for anything
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wanted boys and got them...but I was convinced they were both going to be girls. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i wanted only girls lol but i was raised around/babysat only girls so was familiar with them the most and i got my girl :) and now having my 2nd girl
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wanted a girl. Growing up I was the oldest and had a brother. I got a girl and then a boy just how I wanted. I did not really care though too much just was thinking it would have been nice to have the first two in that order. I also wanted to buy a whole bunch of stuff and shopping for a girl is more fun.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I was happy with either one. I leaned more for a boy simply b/c I knew I only wanted one child and my husband's family needed someone to carry on the Clark name. Plus, my mom swore my son was a girl.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i didn't care. i have 2 step sons and a step daugter that live with us 24/7 so i get to do all the girl stuff with her. it ended up being a boy. the second one i wanted a boy and my husband wanted a girl, we got a boy :)
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 5:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wanted my 1st born to be a boy, just because I have 3 younger sisters and a niece. No brothers or nephews lol so I wanted to change it up a bit. I had a girl and I am currently 29 weeks 3 days along with my 2nd daughter lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010