To know or not to know the sex of the baby?

Just wandering the pros and cons of whether or not to find out the babies sex. My husband doesn't want to know but I do..... So which one?

Rae_LeComte07

Asked by Rae_LeComte07 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didnt know, but I didnt get ulta sounds with either of my kids. So, it wasnt really a choice. I think I would have found out even if my husband didnt want to and I think you should be able to as well. Good luck!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Neither my husband or I wanted to know...it was superstition in his family, even though he claims he figured out they were boys from the ultrasound appointments! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wanted to know. Actually, I couldn't wait, lol. I was tired of referring to him as "it". More importantly, I wanted to prepare for him and I didn't want a gender neutral room or baby items. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I also liked the idea of it being a surprise!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I prefer knowing so I can get everything ready.

my first was a surprise though! I kinda forgot to ask during the ultrasound and the tech didn't ask LOL But yeah, going shopping with a NEW new born kinda sucks!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am too curious of a person NOT to know... It wasn't a thought for either of us, we both felt we NEEDED To know!~ lol!! I KNEW I was having a girl and my husband thought we were having a girl too ~ We found out we were having a boy at the U/S and I made them show me every week I had the ultrasounds..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• At first I didn't want to know the sex, but my husband did. I thought it would be exciting to be surprised, but the more I started getting ready the more I wanted to know the sex. I feel so much more prepared now that we know the sex. I would go to garage sales looking for used clothes because they are SO much cheaper that way and it's not like you have to buy it all, you can be picky. :-) But I had the hardest time finding stuff that was gender neutral. I feel with all the changes coming our way know what we can is better. We decided that later on if we have both genders and are pregnant again then we will be willing for the surprise. :-)
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• with my first i knew she was a girl. this time we arent finding out. it was easier to think of the baby as a real person knowing the sex. i felt closer to my child. and it's of course easier to get things together.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I cannot imagine not wanting to know. I like to have everything ready, you can go gender neutral but I prefer pinks and purples for girls and green, yellow and blue for boys. I tried to have the rooms as neutral as possible but I just felt better knowing.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wanted to know, found out all 3 times.
    jennient3

Answer by jennient3 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010