do you think it's stupid to think of changing your career?

if after years of being doing the same job, and you just realise that it never was your real passion, do you think it's stupid to think of a total change of your career (being in your 30's)?

mommy_sam

Asked by mommy_sam at 4:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• No...not at all.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• NOPE!! I came out of being a SAHM for 8 years into a different career track at the age of 41!! In my late 20's/early 30's I was a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep Trainer, and now I'm a Special Education teacher. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• No, I don't think its stupid especially if the money is not great, but if you're making decent money, then I would stick it out. Jobs are hard to find, and most employers do not want to meet your salary even with a degree. I teach, and I love doing it even with the money not being so great, but it is my passion.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Nope.. If you aren't happy in your career, or burnt out or whatever the case maybe.. Then change it!!!..

Age doesn't matter. Desire and drive is what counts. If you have the desire, the will, and the drive to do what it takes to start a new career. Then there shouldn't be anything stopping you.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• no. i do think it takes a lot of careful thought before you go out and quit your job though. :) good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• No way. You change over time and I was in the same job for almost 6 years before having my babies. Now I am 32 and when I go back to work it will be in the same field, but not the same job. Your 30s isn't too old to change. Neither is your 50s. In my opinion if you hate what you have to do for work it begins to make you a cranky person.....and who wants to be around a bitch??
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i'm doing it right now! i'm 31. my hubby has done it twice.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Of course not. You should go where you will be happy, not just stick somewhere because it's good money. People change careers all the time.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• No. You gotta do what makes you happy.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• life is too short and you are capable of doing so much. Good luck!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010