Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I shared about a pulled muscle the other day in my neck area and have a ?

Some of the ladies said I should go to a chiroprator, hope i spelled that right. What would he or she do for it? It came back today,,,thank you!


Asked by beyondhopes at 4:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

Level 26 (28,237 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • It may not actually be a pulled muscle - even if it is they can adjust all the little bones in there that help relax it. Also, if you go to one who does accupressure (like accupuncture but instead of inserting needles they press on pressure points) they can relax that muscle for you. Mine does that and also will use these funky little bandaid-like things that have a little ball to act as accupressure for a couple of days after, to help keep things relaxed & blood flowing in the area.

    Answer by 4time-mom at 7:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • Necks are very fragile.It is easy to do great damage and not know it.So yes by all means do go to a good reputable chiropractor and let him ex ray and he will probably put a tens unit on it for a few minutes then do his magic.But you will have to go back for several trips just one want do it.But do not wait your neck is not something you should mess around with.Seek medical attention.

    Answer by maxy60 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • I have pulled my muscle there to. A physical therapist can also help, heated ultrasound massage is amazing!! I alternate heat and cold (about 20 minutes at a time). Muscle relaxants help too.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • If your not pregnant you can take over the counter Doans.. that will help alot... Also a heating pad and this stuff called Tiger Balm works great, use to use it back in the day when i played softball and volley ball...

    Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010