is it normal for a baby to vomit because of teathing?

she is 14 months and had 6 teath already but today 2 molars came through and she is sick! shes vomiting and has a little fever (100.8) and she wont sleap! i gave her teathing tablets, orajel and tylenol and still cant get her to calm down or try to nap. she just puked all over me when i was trying to lay down with her. what should i do?!?!?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 4:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• vomit,no. That sounds more like a virus

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My kids experienced ear infections when molars came in. I know some Docs say they have nothing to do with the other. I would bring her in for a visit, just to check her out
    jennient3

Answer by jennient3 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I just took my child to the doctor and she has stomach flu. It is going around so I'd call pedi and see if you should bring her in. She was vomiting, rash around mouth and legs (signs of dehydration), and a slight fever.

She is teething her molars as well (13 months) so this makes 10 teeth for her as well. However, she's never thrown up from teething and we didn't know she was teething as the diapers and teeth didn't pop through til a few days ago. She gets gross acid poo's with bad diapers and rash so once those start I know it's time. She doesn't really run a fever either.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yeah vomit isn't normal when they are teething, I would call her doctor just to make sure she doesn't have some kind of stomach virus or something.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010