Who would you vote for and why?

Educated answers please. Just wanting people to be able to know who there voting for and why.

EmmalysMomma

Asked by EmmalysMomma at 1:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am voting for John McCain because I don't think Obama has the slightest idea what he is doing. He wants to raise taxes in the middle of an economic crisis, not to mention he is part of the root cause of this mortgage mess. Obama is one of the most corrupt and vile politicians on the hill. Democrats have ruined our economy by lining their pockets with poor people's money and the poor fall for it every time. I am appalled that people aren't looking more into this. It is time for a change and Obama is the one that wants more of the same.
    lilac84

Answer by lilac84 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I am voting for Alan Keyes because I know I can fully back him in everything he stands for.  My research has shown that his actions in the past, and currently, support the claims he makes about what he believes.  What does he believe?  http://www.americasrevival.com

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I am voting for Obama because I completely disagree with almost everything in McCain's plan and I think Palin is completely unqualified to be VP.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I am voting for McCain because he has the qualities and experience that would make him a better President than Obama. I want a real American who knows what it is like to serve his country and sacrifice for his country and someone like McCain has done that up and beyond anything Obama has done for this country...McCain has shown that he can reach to both parties in a bi-partisan manner that will help accomplish more things in Washington than someone like Obama who is not willing to reach out to the other side...McCain is the only one in this race that I feel will get something accomplished and not be another 4 years of stalled politics.
    Anonymous

• I am voting for Obama, because he has inspired me to want to be part of the solution when he comes into office. He has a plan for Iraq, he has a solid tax plan that will protect the ever shrinking middle class and close off loop hole that are allowing many businesses to get away without paying taxes or going overseas and taking our jobs with them...

I am voting for Obama, because he knows how much a tank of gas costs, he has been in a grocery store and has helped families in the depths of poverty. He understands what it takes on a community level to revive this country.

StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• con't

I am voting for Obama, because he understands how we look to the rest of the world and how embarrassing it is to be an American right now and it has been that way for the last 8 yrs.. I bought a passport cover 7 yrs ago and if anyone asks me overseas, I am from Canada.. not the USA.

I am voting for Obama b/c he is already embracing bipartisan politics by considering several Republicans for Cabinet positions in his administration. He is a MAVERICK , not McCain, McCain will be dead in the next 3 yrs.. Over 72 and cancer 4 times.. what are the odds? I'll bet money on it.
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Just a thought, should McCain win.. He'd be 76 at the end of the first term..... would he even be able to run for a second at that age..? Would he even be alive, ? Or would we have another doddering aged president like Reagan?
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• McCain is the one who wants more of the same. He supports Bush in everything. The Republicans are the ones who have made the economy like it is not the Democrats. And Bush is the reason why we are at war. McCain is old. He needs to retire and enjoy his wife's wealth.
    Bookgirl51

Answer by Bookgirl51 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Old age is not a disease! and with age comes wisdom.......just my 2cents
    Anonymous

• I am voting for John McCain. There are tons of reasons why, but he has the experience and the motivation to change the direction of America for the better. I agree with everything, he is saying he will do as president. Like the other lady said, with age comes wisdom. Obama one day may make a good president, but today isnt the day.
    Geaux McCain/Palin 08
    Anonymous