Do you eat a lot of veggies and fruits?

We don't. It's not that I don't like them(kids don't care much for them) but when I get something like salad it just seems to sit and go bad. I am alwways finding myself running from place to place and stopping for fast food. I hate it!

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 4:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• There's a group on here called Healthy Moms and I bet they could give you a lot of tips on helping you and your children to eat healthy.
    ziff130

Answer by ziff130 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We sure do! I can't say we never eat fast food (we do every Saturday, for lunch), but we eat lots of fruits and even more veggies. I have a garden, so we have access to a lot more veggies than fruits. Kids won't learn to like what they aren't given, so I'm sure to offer her lots of different healthy foods.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We never eat fast food. Number one, my kids and I have too many allergies to even consider it. Number 2, it's way too expensive. Yes, we eat a lot of fruits and veggies. I make salads and put them in rubbermaid containers, so they are ready to go when you want one. After I wash everything when I get groceries, make the salads. It takes less time to make a few rather than one when you want it. I found I am more likely to eat things like that when it's ready than if I have to make it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We eat more fruit than veggies, but love salad.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My diet is predominately made up of fresh fruits and vegetables.

I have not had fast food in over 20 years now..

Having a diet that contains lots of fresh fruits and vegetables isn't that hard to swing. And it definitely does not have to be focused on salad..lol Incorporating fresh vegies in meals, this can be done a number of different ways. From just having fresh vegies prepared as a side, or using them in recipes for overall dishes. Same with fresh fruits, use them when cooking, use them for smoothies and shakes, use them as sides and deserts..

Not eating fresh fruits & fresh vegies everyday, is very hard for me.. lol... I can actually feel the difference in my body if I do not get enough of them in my daily diet at this point.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We never eat out. I'm one of those people who buy foods based on number of ingredients. The fewer the ingredients the better. We also don't buy anything with high fructose corn syrup in it. Lots of bread even has it. So, yes, we eat lots of fruits and veggies with meals and snacks.
    ziff130

Answer by ziff130 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Everyday! Not the kids though, they go back and forth 2 out 0f 3 will eat veggies
    jennient3

Answer by jennient3 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors, almost every day.

Send me a message if you would like some great recipes, to help you eat more.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes my children love brocolli, collard greens, potatoes mashed!!! And if I cover it with cheese I might get bit!!!
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, it's the easiest way to get full and stay on a healthy diet. Lately I'm on an asparagus and nectarine kick.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010