Feeling down today, I think it's really over b/w me and my SO...we were together 12 years.

It's going on a month already that we had an big fight over his mother. His reason for calling it quits is because I flipped out in front of our daughter and spoke bad about his mother in front of her. I had a talk with my daughter and apologized for the way I blew up. I didn't apologize to my SO because he said some really hurtful things to me. It's like the moment I spoke out about his mom I was cut off, while it hurts me a lot I just can't believe that we have gotten to this point. I just feel that things were said so bad there is just no turning back. We wont' even talk and he is staying out late and drinking and I just keep to myself but hurts so bad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• i'm sorry..i feel ya..i'm down in the dumps too Maybe you should try apologizing to him but be clear that you were expressing how you feel. Just tell him you are sorry and it shouldve been a private convo between the two of you...tell him if he isnt able to get over it then he cant just go stay with mommy dearest because he is hurting you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• oops..that he CAN just go stay with her =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.. :(
    y'all need to talk it out.
    Good luck
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• He is doing what he can to hurt you, and he does not care. I understand the pain, trust me, but this is time to be empowered. You need to tell him how you feel and you need to stand up for yourself. Once you are able to do that, no matter what the outcome is, you will be able to do things with your head held high.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Thank you all for you opinions. I have already told him how I felt and I think he is going to regret this. But there is nothing i can do but take a step back and just let things fall into place. I just feel like said my peace, but it's breaking my heart. Then I wonder what if this drives him to someone else why is he staying out it is bothering me.
    jenlesly

Answer by jenlesly at 5:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• im sorry. i know just how bad this hurts. im dealing with some of it myself
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 5:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm sorry :( I do feel that you should of apologized to him, you probably hurt his feeling by insulting his mother. Maybe you should make the first step to fixing this, if you don't want to lose him.
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 6:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Time to get over it , dude.........

Things, need to pass and he and all of you need to get over it.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• im sorry it seems like you are finally getting your feelings off of your chest, the way you did it doesnt seem like the best way to go, but whats done is done now. both of you need to chill out for the night and try to talk in the morning.. after 12 years together why arent you guys married? not trying to be rude just curious, but good luck and try to talk about this in the morning
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010