Should I use a vaporizer or humidifier in my son's room?

My son is 8 months old. He has a slight cold, not sure if it's from the change in weather or the fact he's getting a lot of teeth at one time. He isn't so bad during the day just a slight cough and does not have a fever. At night it seems that his nose is stuffy, as a result he hasn't been sleeping well. Also when he wakes up in the morning he has a phlemy cough. I know when my daughter was a baby she was constantly getting croup. I know it's not that because I remember the symptoms for that and what the cough sounded like. My doc at the time said to use the cool mist humidifier. I'm not sure if you can use a vaporizer with a baby or if you should stick to the cool mist humidifier for a cold. Does anyone know?

helen1978

Asked by helen1978 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can use the vaporizer with baby.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• you're supposed to stick w/ a humidifier for a while. i wish i remembered the precise reason & minimal time limit, but i don't. but at 8mos, definately a humidifier. my daughter's only been sick once & that was a long time ago so i don't remember.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2008