what are the rules or guidelines for being eligable for unemployment

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I believe it depends on the STATE you are in. If my memory is correct EACH STATE has it's own laws, rules, guidelines, regarding unemployment. It's NOT a federally mandated.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Every states laws are different. I know that there are time requirements. I lost my job when the store I worked at closed. They had been cutting back hours for months... when I went to apply for unemployment, I was denied because I didn't work enough hours for the previous six months to qualify. Most states you can apply online. Check your states site and they will have all the information there for you to read.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You should be able to get information at your state's unemployment website. Google it and see.....start with your state and the word unemployment. They should also have a number to call. Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010