Type question here.My husband and I just seprated. We have a 20 month old and I am 3 months preg. He is not go to help me when I give brith, he dose not even want to know the sex of the baby! I live all the way out in Hawaii, and my family is in new york. What I want to know is should I move back home so I will have the help?

single mom

mommyismaster

Asked by mommyismaster at 2:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think if you're posting the question on here you've already halfway made up your mind. If you have nobody except your soon to be ex in Hawaii, I think you should pack up and take your stuff and your baby to New York as soon as possible. You don't deserve to be all alone if he's not going to help at all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• YES YOU SHOULD
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 2:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• It's really up to you! Do you feel that you want/need help? Or do you have close friends that are supportive enough? I like to b close to family but my fam is in Europe! Then again my DH is supportive! Hawaii is a great place to live and hard to move to, but if your priority is family, then go with that! Just don't wait until your third tri because that gets more difficult!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 2:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• if I were in the same situation, I would want my family close enough to help if I needed it.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Since your soon-to-be-ex-husband sounds like a butthead, I'll give you advice from a very, very practical point of view.

New York's child support laws are the ones you want to establish residency under prior to your divorce. They basically screw the husband to the wall 'til the kid's 23, I think.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• hello... Yes
    tabbers133

Answer by tabbers133 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Go now before you get too far along in the pregnancy. What a jerk is he,not willing to help you!! Sorry but it's hard enough with one baby and with two...girl you need the help! Do what you feel is right in your heart and ask your family in NY!!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• If you think that you need the support and comfort from your family and you think you might need some help from them, then I say go. I have two girls....and I won't know where to start if it was just me. Being near family is always great! Do what is best for your children....and listen to your heart...soon enough you'll know what to do.

Good luck!
    tkerst

Answer by tkerst at 4:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would move back . You will need a lot of help and support. Do what is best for you and your kids.
    AmyJeffsGirl

Answer by AmyJeffsGirl at 4:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yes I would move back to N.Y. You are going to need help with your babies.
    Bookgirl51

Answer by Bookgirl51 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2008