where can i get some kind of income for a family of four....i cant get a job cuz no one in our area is hiring and i have 2 kids under 3

i have food stamps....and am working on this work first program but it is taking too much time for little money and i have nobody to watch my kids when i hunt for jobs for the work first program....omg i dont know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• You'll have to move to where the jobs are.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• There are food banks and missions that should either be able to help you or point you in the right direction. Try Catholic social services. You don't have to be Catholic and the will help you! If you need food or rent or anything. GL
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 5:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Workfirst provides assistance with child care, at least in michigan.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 5:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• LOL, move??? That was not the most helpful answer.
    I have a 2yr old and 10mth old and I work from home to bring in extra income. I have also just started really doing well with coupons and have been saving a good $100/wk on groceries AND household items.
    I would just look at what you could do to save money while you are trying to find a job. You might look into work at home as well because Daycare cost would probably eat your whole paycheck. Good Luck girl!!

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 5:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Do you have a husband or SO in the picture? if not,are you getting child support?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I work from home and will share what I do. No need to move! I live out in the woods and there are NO jobs here.
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 9:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You should qualify for daycare assistance. Jordan Essentials is always hiring. 

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I am a Phone sex operator and i do hiring and immediate you work from home unlimited long distance is a must lemme know if your intrested
    2_kiddos

Answer by 2_kiddos at 9:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2010