vegetarians I have a tofu Q.

My family, especially my 6 year old, love tofu. I buy the extra firm and make stir fry with it. One I crumbled it over salad and a few time I have marinaded crumbles for salad. What else can I do with it? Got any good recipes that your kids love?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I cut it in cubes and season well with whatever you like, then fry in a bit of olive oil until brown, then pour sweet and sour sauce over it and serve over rice.

Answer by older at 5:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• what about tofu parmasan? like chicken parmasan but with sliced tofu.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• bread and pan fry or bake it? Sounds good!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I love scrambled tofu. I guess it was invented as a substitute for scrambleed eggs, but don't approach it that way or I'm sure you'll just think "wow this doesn't taste like scrambled eggs at all" and be disappointed. (I think all fake foods like that are pretty ridiculous - why pretend to be something you're not? If you don't want to eat eggs, don't eat eggs! And if you want eggs, eat the real deal!)

ANYWAY! (Sorry bout that! lol)

Google "scrambled tofu recipe" and you will get tons of hits. It's basically tofu, turmeric, soy sauce, and optional bits like onions, green peppers, etc.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 6:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Tofu rocks!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Send me a message offlist, and I will forward our favorite tofu recipes to you

Answer by rkoloms at 10:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010