Do you have your own thoughts in the marriage or say only what your husbands thoughts are?

a single friend said to me that people who are married or in relationships never have their own thoughts do you believe that?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• OMG! So not true in my case! i had relationships where my 2 cents didn't count and I felt like dirt!
    My husband and I might agree on many things,but we remain free thinkers.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I use to be that way to a certain extent when we were first married. I put everyone, including my hubby, before myself and eventually I lost "ME" somewhere in the beginning. But found myself again as I got a little older and wiser and are much happier. I still can't believe that I let myself get to that point, but it can happen.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• lol she must of had some very submissive relationships in the past.

my husband would hate it if i was like that. she doesnt know what she is talking about and you can never generalize relationships like that. she's way off
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• LOL

If I didn't have my own thoughts .. Then over the span of 25 years, there would have been a helluva lot less fights, arguements, disagreements. head butting, mistakes made (on both parts) ..etc...

Not have my own thoughts. bwhahahhahahaahaaaaa My husband wishes sometimes....
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• " I put everyone, including my hubby, before myself and eventually I lost "ME" somewhere in the beginning. But found myself again as I got a little older and wiser and are much happier. " i had a stent like that...i self sacrificed to the point i forgot who I was...he seen it, he didnt like it, i didnt like it but i didnt know how it happened or how to reverse it. lil later..i just sorta woke up one day and recaptured "me"
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think it happens to a lot of people. It did to me to an extent, b/c I suck at confrontation and will avoid it if possible. But I still had my own thoughts, and expressed them, more often than I didnt.
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• nope what i say goes :P or i just nod and smile to him and make him think he won hehe
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 6:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Both, not that when I say what he wants to hear won't fester - totally get that it is unhealthy, yet reality - but it is sometimes necessary.

You have to pick and choose your battles, as I am sure that he does also. It is a bummer, but part of the deal.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 6:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• no we just tend to think the same way. our morals and values are a lot the same, part of what makes our relationship work.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm not married. Don't know. But my grandpa comes to mind. Poor man never had his own opinions, but everytime you asked grandma something she'd say "Oh I don't know, I have to ask your grandpa, he makes all the decisions". Ha, yeah right grandma!
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 6:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010