Do you think the stalkers on CM should be banned? I do!!

I really think that certain people that cross the line between being a "bully" and being a "stalker", even if it is on certain sites, they should be banned from CM altogether.

richbitch666

Asked by richbitch666 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• They are banned if it can be proved.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• banging head into wallI agree. I have a few of them.

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Agreed. I have one. She counts as both a stalker and bully. On the other hand I have yet to ban her from my page. Go figure

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think if anyone starts leaving you hate messages they should be banned. I dont think thats right. We can debate stuff in here and disagree, but at the end of the day, what is said in here, should stay in here,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have a stalker. It's getting to the point where I am ready to call the cops. She is crazy. No joke. She has been kicked out of several groups for stalking and harassment, and yet she still finds me. She is upset because I called her out for taking pictures of her employers house and saying it's hers. She has also been taking pics off others profiles, with their kids in them and using them as her own. IMO she has already crossed that line and needs to get banned.
    richbitch666

Comment by richbitch666 (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Why not just block these people? Isn't that possible on CM?
    Bonnie

Answer by Bonnie at 6:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have. But she has multiple accounts. Plus she always goes to every post I'm on. I don't think the other girl is even on here, (sherri69?) But I saw a post where she had posted a picture of her and her kids. Well, today, I noticed that the stalker had this girls picture on HER profile picture. I was like, WTF? I tried to see if this sherri girl was still on here to warn her, but her name doesn't even come up, and I cant find that post anymore. This stalker is the reason I don't feel safe putting up a picture of my son. Very sad. If anyone knows if sherri is still on here, please warn her!
    richbitch666

Comment by richbitch666 (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It is easy to delete a person from CM but keeping them off isn't always. If they have a static IP address they can be blocked outright. Most ISPs use dynamic IPs so blocking that address would block anyone who might end up with it when it rotates, while the offender has a new one and rejoins. Either way they should be able to tell if someone is using multiple accounts since they would log in from the same IP and delete them.

There were great examples of stalkers in this thread ( and I hope they have been reported) but sometimes the line between wave maker and stalker is thin and requires a judgment call on someone's part. That won't always be agreeable to the people involved. The best thing to do is report every instance to CM. They say they instigate every report just keep it in the front.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

Blocking them will keep off your profile and out of your private content. However, it wont stop them from crossing you in the public spaces like groups, answers, and other people's public content.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yes, they should banned and blocked. however, the stalkers can get back into cafemom with a name change.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010