My friends has a problem with Disney Fairies.

She calls them 'little tarts' and doesn't love her kids having stuff with them on it. lol. I told her to think back about TInkerbell and how she was ALWAYS been dresses like that! Whats your opinion?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 6:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Tinkerbell and her friends are a big deal in this house, my 4 yr old loves her.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• How does she managed to buy her clothes then? Have you been in Walmart in the past few years....I think they want all girls to dress like tramps... so glad I have boys.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I agree, and the fact that it has always been that way doesn't affect my opinion at all. It does seem like the sexualization of our your girls is happening at a younger age now than it did in the past, though.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 6:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Personally my problem is not with the fairies themselves (although I could say some things about them too) its the fact that they're practically being forced on our little girls. Same with Disney princesses (and I'm pissed that they will never include Anastasia because she's not technically Disney).

Aside from bogus story lines/characters, overly skinny characters, and emphasis on fancy dresses/jewelry, these companies are capitalizing on our children and is making it almost impossible to find clothes, toys, etc. with out this crap on them. This really isn't anything new but I do think they're taking it farther than before.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 6:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Our house is only princesses mainly cinderella. My youngest loves them and doesnt like the Tinkerbell and her friends when it comes to their things except movies. But the room and only person she wanted to meet was Cinderella.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 7:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Awww my girls love tinkerbell and her friends does she feel the same about the Bratz? lol
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 8, 2010