have u takin an online class? how was it?

i have to my english course online next quarter and i want know what to sorta expect out of it. i never done online courses b4....whats the good and bad parts of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It kind of depends on the course. I have taken courses where everything was online where the teacher gave you assignments and you did them and I really liked that. However courses where you basically listen/watch the teacher through the computer lecture (they call it tegrity at my school) suck! I'd rather be in a course where I can ask questions than just watch a video of the lecture it's very hard for me to learn just from that.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• The good parts... You don't have to get up and go to class, find parking, listen to a boring lecture and so on. You can "go to class" when ever you want.

The bad parts... You must be a self starter and be able to do all the work and take the tests in a timely manner.

I loved it, although I am quite the procrastinator, I was able to manage my time on there and get everything done. Good luck!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If it is done well, you will be required to participate in conversations with your professor and classmates. For me, if that is missing, that is the biggest downside. Another possible downside is not hearing your prof lecture, but that can also be an advantage depending on the prof and the class! On the plus side, you will be able to do your work whenever you want (no class to go to at a set time), and it is possible that you will learn even more from your classmates than you would have in a traditional setting, where you may or may not have heard from all of them what they were getting out of the class, or thinking, or how they were applying what they learned to their own lives. Good luck to you!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 6:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Pro - you can work on the class any time of day or night.
    Con - you will not have the interaction of a normal classroom experience. If it is a difficult subject for you, I would definitely not recommend taking it online.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I've had one, Abnormal Psych. One thing I liked was that with the discussions we could be less inhibited. But I got in a bit of trouble by posting way too much the first time. Though, I totally missed where the professor said we could only post X amount of times. The exams were ok, they weren't timed, which was awesome. But I missed several questions on the first several tests because it didn't dawn on me that when I scrolled down, the answer was changed (they were multiple choice). All in all, I liked the online class. It's more writing intensive I think. But you can do it in your jammies. But, I do crave the adult interaction, and getting out of my house. So, it's a toss up. I definatly can't do all my classes that way.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You might want to go to class and sit in front of an instructor. Given the grammar used in this post, you need some help, girl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010