Regret getting pregnant

is it normal for a women to regret getting pregnant. A women in my freshmen english class whom is also pregnant with her 2nd child said she regrets getting pregnant again and wishes she could take it back

Prayingforbaby1

Asked by Prayingforbaby1 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think to a certain extent when you know it wasnt a good time.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well, if it is her second then she knows what she is in for - it isn't easy being pregnant. It is also kind of intimidating jumping from the care of one child to two ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think depending on the circumstances...she's obviously still in college, and not far into it yet if she's in freshman comp. so yes, in her situation I would.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think it the equivalent to getting cold feet before getting married.

It's new (even for the other girl) and you don't know exactly what will happen. Its also not like a band-aid, you can't just "get it over with" because it lasts the rest of your life and you can't take it back.

Just take a deep breath and think of all the things you would be missing if you DON'T have this child, your baby. It'll be ok, I promise.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 6:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yep. I know I will love this baby just as much as I do my other two children. But I wish I wasn't pregnant.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• me i dont regret it im thrilled by the event of being pregnant with my twins. and your right i dont know her circ's buts i wish her the best and offered to help her anyway i can
    Prayingforbaby1

Comment by Prayingforbaby1 (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It depends on the situation I think. We were trying to get pregnant both times and were thrilled about them. yes there were times I was miserable and uncomfortable and worried about how my first child would react to his sister, but I never regretted getting pregnant.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think it all depends on what is going on her life. I know with this one, I regretted it. I don't now. However, I do regret other things, like not getting to the doctor sooner. If she doesn't pull out it, she might need to see someone, but that usually goes away.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Maybe she is having issues w her man & feels resentment 2wards the baby cuz he's bein a jerk? Or she's just human l honest! Not all of us r meant 2 b mommies but it haps anyway.
    mama2evan

Answer by mama2evan at 11:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010