Why is it that...

the person you love doesn't love you back and the person who loves you isn't the one you want?

Tes...Jacksmami

Asked by Tes...Jacksmami at 6:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I get what you're saying. Is there something about the guy you want that you feel is a challenge to you? Is it a challenge for you to get him to love you? Do you feel like he would be perfect for you if only you could change this or that? That is called codependancy. If this is your pattern read, "Women who love too much". As for the guy that wants you, that you don't want, he is not a challenge for you. I think that's why, even though it was a statement more than a question:) Good luck girl.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yearning for a person and loving them are different. I believe that love is nourished by both people- it is reciprocated. When you really find love you will know. He will love you, too, and it will be the best feeling you've felt, not the hopeless longing of an infatuation.

Answer by Bmat at 6:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You need to figure out what's best for you and it sounds like you need to keep looking. You can't change your feeling or those of someone else. Mister right is out there somewhere.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Loosely? You can't use the word love loosely. It's either love or it isn't love.
    If the guy you love doesn't want you then you shouldn't want him. Don't fawn after someone who you're never going to get. Cut your losses and move on. If the guy who loves you isn't someone you want then cut your losses and move on.

Either way, grow up and move on. Love isn't something you give and take as you please. It's something you get whether you ask for it or not. Either you love someone or you don't. It's not a toy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• And yes, I used the word "love" loosely on purpose.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Comment by Tes...Jacksmami (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Loosely? That's not love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Lets see, umm... Yeah you actually can use the word love loosely. People who cheat do it all the time. And in this case I used it loosely so that maybe I wouldn't have people going, "well I just don't understand the question" Sheesh. But no matter what you do on here there is always someone who doesn't understand.

Obviously I love the guy I love. Because obviously I know my own feelings but I can't really say I know another person's feelings, can I? I may know what they tell me, but I don't actually "know".

Love isn't something you give and take as you please? Duh, hence the question. Why is it that the person you love doesn't love you in return? I know I shouldn't want him, but as you just said, love isn't something you just give and take as you please.

The question was maybe slightly just a little bit philosophical.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Comment by Tes...Jacksmami (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Loosely? That's not love.

No kidding, that's why I was using the word loosely.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Comment by Tes...Jacksmami (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Hmm, as far as the guy I like. I just get along with him SO well. He's like my dreamboat. And the guy who likes me. He can't even hold down a job (he's 30) and he lives with his parents. Just not someone I could really consider.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Comment by Tes...Jacksmami (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2010