is it time for me to take out a step out on faith and be a woman on my own??? i want to get a apartment for my son and i. but family keeps saying oh wait until this and that. im i being controlled or what???

my mom got angry with me bcus my son's dad gave me money for him. she cursed me out saying im stupid and fool for taking money from him. she doesnt like him. she doesnt want him to come to her house to see the baby where we live. which is fine i respect that its her house. but i dont understand why it is such problem with her with me allowing him to provide and be a part of his child's life??? im 22 years old and i plan to graduate from college this winter with my b.a. in political science. im looking now to start back to work at my job where i was working before. i feel like i am being controlled by mom. one minute she is saying it is okay for him to see the baby and stuff as long as its not at her house. then the next minute she flips out. im tired of it with her its like if i do not do what she says or how she wants. she criticizes. she called me stupid and a fool the other day it hurt to hear that coming from my own mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree you are being controlled.

Answer by older at 6:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If you think that you are ready to live on your own, then you should atleast try. Definitly if your mom is treating you like this. You need to control your own life.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• hon...firtly thats not ok for her to call you names for any reason and I am sorry. But it is her house and you are kinda stuck. Secondly she has no say in who sees your child, just do it somelace else to avoid the drama. Also, stop telling he business if she is going to flip out and not be supportive. she has a right to her opinion but its your life, your choices.which also means...lol your choices give you your own consequences so you cant fall back on mom for them, kwim? again i am sorry its so hard for you now. get your own place or avoid her when she is mean. good luck mama, chin up :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• *telling her your business* is what I meant to say, sorry comp is screwy.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think she's torn. It may be good intentions, but either way I think she's torn.
    I think she just needs to find a belief and stick to it.
    You're a mother now, so you have to make choices for your own. Don't allow her or anyone else to hold you back from what you feel is right.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Just because it's her home doesn't give her the right to insult you! If you have the means, move into your own place. She should not be encouraging you to keep the baby from it's father (unless he's using drugs or has been abusive to you).
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 8, 2010