how can you possibly fall out of love? "Over nothing" Kind of a rantish question.

Nothing happened, yet my bf tells me he doesn't love me anymore. We've been together a long time, and were headed toward marriage. We've wanted the same things and agree on everything, but he says he "fell out of love". He has no reason, he just says he did. How is that even possible? I thought love was loyal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• The thing is, I've been married for almost ten years. I fall out of love with my husband at times. It's not always a madly in love type of situation. But even if I feel like I am not "in love" with him for a time, I've still commited myself to him and to our marriage and our children, so I work through it. If he can't do that you don't want to be with him anyway, sorry and good luck.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Okay sorry that you had a break-up, but better now then AFTER the I DOS!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It is just a boorish excuse for wanting to move on. Cut him loose and find happiness with another. Thank god you didn't marry.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It is loyal which is why this wasn't love in the first place
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It happens, we get accustomed to each other and there is a different kind of love, not the kind you want to have for a lifetime.

Answer by older at 6:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Sometimes when people fall out of love its something within themselves and sometimes the person who they tell this just has to step back for a little and let them get some councelling and after you can go together and figure out what you both want and either be together. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• People grow apart. There doesn't have to be any specific reason.
    I think it's very possible. It's the same reason you don't talk to some of your old school friends. People just move on and just don't feel the same way they used to. People change. Everyone changes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i agree with tasches, is just an excuse to get out of the relationship. love is not a feeling its a choice, i wish people would understand that. smh, better he left now than to marry you. good luck mama and i know you will find a man who wants to be commited to you and not give you the "i fell out of love" excuse
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 9:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010