Do you think people who are EXTREME homophobes, secretly have a desire to be with the same sex?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 6:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not necessarily...although in some cases that may be true. I think that hate, fear and ignorance has an awful lot to do with it in nearly all cases.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Why is it that when someone has a hard and fast opinion that is opposite yours they are homophobes? Maybe they just feel strongly with what is right or wrong. They don't have a gray area. They don't waffle between it could be ok; no, it isn't ok. That doesn't make them homophobes. That just makes them steadfast in their belief. Calling them names to vilify them is unfair.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Most definitely!!!!

Answer by older at 6:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• some of them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• A girl I knew in elementary school was. She wouldn't even let me sleep in the same room as her when I spent the night because it was "gay". She is now out of the closet and I'm so happy she doesn't feel she has to hide it anymore.
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 6:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• There is this woman in one of my groups who is posting all this trash talking about gay people being disgusting and it just makes me think she harbors some guilt about having homosexual feelings and is trying to play it by being so outspoken about her feelings and opinions on the matter.

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I always thought you were a murdering short stop dullscissors...
    IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Perhaps some of them, but not the majority. I think you see it a lot on tv, you know the homophobic character on a show turns out to be a self-loathing hypocrite, and that might lead some to believe that it is true for all. I have known many, many people in my life who are in extreme opposition to homosexuality and none of them have ever come out, gotten busted in a gay act, etc. Again, I'm not saying there aren't some who hide behind a shield of hatred because of self-denial, but I don't personally feel it's a large percentage.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I agree with dullsissors, not really logical. Besides, if someone is an EXTREME homophobe, that would mean that they have an irrational fear of homosexuals... I doubt they would be suppressing secret fantasies about being with one.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• No, that's crazy to assume such, and plain ignorant. If that were true, one could apply the same 'logic' to anything someone feels "extreme" passion for/against. I'm very against murder..am I a closet psychopathic serial killer? I also cannot fathom the enjoyment in sitting in 100* temps @ a baseball game...do I secretly desire to be a base-runner?
    See how ridiculous that thinking is?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010