Do you have a friend you're embarrassed to go out with because...

she can't control her children?

I have a friend who cannot control her children and they are WILD. I get so embarrassed being associated with it because if they were my kids, something would be done about it. It's not just normal-kid behavior either. It's out of control, really needing a whippin' kind of deal.

If so, how do you handle it? Do you still go out with them or do you politely decline the invitation to go anywhere with them?

Blubuni99

Asked by Blubuni99 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Ignore the rude person.

I would be really embarrassed too. Not to mention your kids will be influenced by these kids. I think I would do what beyondhopes said, only go to places with her where the kids can run amuck and no one cares.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 7:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would only go to places like Chuck E Cheese or parks to play. Sounds like she has really high active kids who need to release tons of energy. Im putting that nicely,,,see :)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Oh I have a similar situation. I actually cannot stand my best friend's teenage daughter. She is the most disrespectful little girl I have met in my life, and the worst part about it, my friend does nothing! I remember my mom, and the trouble I would have been in if I tried even half the crap this girl does. So... now I do not go over to her house. Instead I ask her if she and her hubby would like to double date with us! This way her daughter stays at home. (We have a 1 yr old, he goes everywhere with us-no babysitter) But when we want to go to the beach or something, I usually decline the invitation because I don't want to make a mistake and treat her daughter like she was mine!! LOL
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 7:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i wouldnt go anywhere with her unless it was kid friendly. actually i think i would be annoyed and just not want to hang out at all.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 8:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• All others KNOW nothing? No, I don't think that's right. And I don't think OP is claiming to be perfect - she's only stating that it's a problem when parents don't control their children and that she finds it embarrassing to be with those people.
    I don't take my daughter places with those kind of out of control undisciplined children either. Not only is it embarrassing, it's unacceptable. If a parent wants to allow a child to run and shout, there are places for that like public parks and school playgrounds.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If you are embarrassed or just don't approve of the behavior and are tired of watching it, then decline to go out with them. You are in control of what you surround yourself with (to a point...right?).
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 10:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well if she's your real friend u should b able 2 talk 2 her about it n let her kno how u feel about it. She may get mad @ 1st but maybe she'll break down & ask u 4 advice on how 2 help!?
    mama2evan

Answer by mama2evan at 10:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• my bf kids i loved they well behave kids i ever met it is her husband who act up that i can not stand even my kids say is different or not all there no matter where we are he has to make seen over the small thing .we have left at home many times and he has jump in his car looking for us i know feel like going out with her
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't want to go anywhere with her. I can't stand it when moms don't nurture their children by making them have rules and boundaries.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Well, there is a difference between running around the store, being kids and running around and knocking everything off the shelves. I never said I was the best mother. I'm just asking a question.
    Blubuni99

Comment by Blubuni99 (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010