Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

father of soon to be born baby...

please it's already been an emotional pregnant very surprized but will take full responsibilty....I have been with him for 3 years off and on....well won't get into details..but basically gave me a check for an abortion which I COULDN'T do...I'm a proud momma of 2 girls and this will be final #3 girl. he hasn''t been to one appt with me or involved with the baby at all..but says he loves me but I can't work out with an alcoholic....but like I said I'm being induced monday and have the hardest decision ever, he hasn't called or anything in 3 weeks or even intends on showing up...

because of him not being involved and not acting as if he wants anything to do with her (sad) should I
1. give her my last name (and if he decides to be apart of her life he can pay to have it changed to his.)

2. give her his

Answer Question

Asked by mommy2be402 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (8 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • i think you should give her your name.

    Answer by jennifer588 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • yours and if he changes and has the money for an abortion he'll have the money to change the name

    Answer by cnoble927 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • YOURS! If he wants his name then let him earn it.

    Answer by Ks_mom94 at 6:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • Yours. It'll make things easier. And if he's not apart of her life now, he's not going to be later.

    Its funny because you said that he claims "he still loves you" where in that statement is your daughter? I'm not one of those "LEAVE HIM" people, but it doesn't sound like he's ever going to love HER and will only make trouble for your lives.

    Just go with your name, you're her father too now anyways.

    Answer by Deathlilly at 7:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • Yours for now. GL

    Answer by elizabr at 7:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • your most deff

    Answer by Prayingforbaby1 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • Yours

    Answer by lovinangels at 7:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • I have to agree with everyone else. You need to give her your last name, and just forget the guy. It doesn't sound like he worth it anyway. Good luck, and enjoy all your little ladies.


    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • My oldest daughter has my last name cuz her daddy was not involved.. 10 years later I had another daughter with a man i did not marry. He was there and now he is not, she has his name and i regret it every day. I am always called Mrs. Hunt which is her name not mine.

    u will be that baby's constant in her life, not him......

    Answer by roxyann76 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • I would give her your name....

    What state are you in?? Here in Michigan, if you are not married to the father then it his name isn't even put on the birth certificate unless he consents or there is a paternity test. If you are married and pregnant with someone elses baby, the father's name goes on the birth certificate. I guess my point is, why give the baby his last name if his name isn't on the birth certificate????

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.