what do you suggest I do ?

I quit work, moved 4hrs away from home/friends, to be with the dh, our ds starts school in two weeks, and i am so bored!!! I am not a social-butterfly, so its hard for me to make friends/meet people. I need something to do. Any thoughts?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 7:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Join the PTO at the school. By doing this, you are active in the school, get to know the teachers and the children you ds is making as friends. While you are doing the volenteer work at the school, talk to the other parents. Start a coffee/tea social or book club with these other parents. I am very shy so I understand the pain of initiating conversations. Be yourself! I have some very good friends by doing the above. Good luck!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Go to www.meetup.com and see if you can find a meet up group to join in your area that interests you. They're all planned activites for people who want to meet people.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i recently took up knitting. not that there are not a lot of groups and stuff around here, there are, but im not social either.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Knitters unite! LOL.... If you have a local library, check to see what they have to offer. You could volunteer at your son's school. :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Volunteering might be a good idea. Gets you out and interacting with others. You can learn a lot about the area that way too... Good luck in the new area.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Oh yeah..its a very small country town, so there's not a lot to offer, activity-wise.
    :(((
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Ooh, I've never heard of that! Sounds like a start..
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• get a job?
    berlgirl1224

Answer by berlgirl1224 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I plan on volunteering at his school, but I'm sure that won't fill everyday. I was thinking more of new hobbies, etc. ,which is why I posted in this section.
    A job is not entirely out of the question, but I quit so I could be more available for school/etc. ...going back to work would negate that action.
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010