"I want a divorce!"

All my husband cares about is doing things for his mom and dad and naphew do and fix things and going to there house all the time. He hardley helps me around the house and with the kids he considers helps as takeing our oldest with him and letting her get her close dirty so I have more that I haft to do. He gets mad if I say something about him spending so much time at there house and rubs the horse that he got me in my face even though I don't ever get to ride her because he don't have time for me too because he has to do stuff for them all the time. He is never there for me and gets mad if I go next door to my friends house when he is at his mom and dads all day because I don't wanna set home alone and I don't wanna go with him because his family makes me feel like i'm stupid I can't talk with out them saying i'm wronge. Anyways any advice?

annamiller06

Asked by annamiller06 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• He's not married to his mother and siblings, he's married to you. My husband would take the advice of his family, other than me, and when I saw him last, I told him to thank them for helping to ruin his relationship with me. I'm in the process of divorce. Don't EVER allow your hubby's family to disrespect you. EVER! Do whatever it takes to stand your ground and have presence. If your hubby's allowing it then he's just as disrespectful. Ask yourself why did you marry him? Write the Pro's and Con's of the relationship down on paper. If he's doing more damage than good, seek counseling B4 you leave. If he's not in it with you...go here.. www.elderwisdomcirgle.org They are EXCELLENT and FREE, oh and professional.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Ya know what I say, I was in a relation ship like that for ten years, His mother treated me like crap and still does, It sounds like you are'nt given a right to speak your mind as the guy's wife, I had that same thing happen to me. I am not trying to scare you but I'll tell you what my ex and his mother did to me they stole my son and he has not been back since. I think about him every second of every day! Just please watch carefully to what's going on. go with your instincts. If you feel like this isn't right then your probably right. Good luck!
    christina200107

Answer by christina200107 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Go ahead and divorce him! I would love to have a man who could afford to buy me a horse and is a family man. I wonder if he doesn't spend much time with you because you nag to much. It's probably just me, but your complaint makes it sound like you nag to much!
    Anonymous

• Anonymose if you knew half of what goes on in my life you wouldn't think different. I got beat up when I was 2 1/2 months pregnat by his ex-wife and he did nothing (just to name one of the many things). he need to take care of his wife and kids and not spend so much time catering to his parents. He fixes all of their cars and he hasn't changed my oil in my car or done anything else to it in over 2 years and I drive around in it with 2 kids not knowing if something is gonna happen and kill all 3 of us. I don't nag him he should be there for me and our kids and I souldn't haft to beg him to help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    annamiller06

Answer by annamiller06 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I say leave him. If you are unhappy, why deal with it anylonger? I am divorced and celebrated when it was final!
    Moniquemarie1

Answer by Moniquemarie1 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• People jump to divorce so quickly. Look at the big picture... If you think its best for you and your children, do it... but make sure you try everything to fix this.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Divorce just seems like the bandaid for every relationship- problem, but it really sucks!!!!!! Would he do marriage counseling with you? If not have you though of counseling on your own? Do you love him, does he love you, has he been abusive or unfaithful? I am going through divorce right now, my husband is an alcohlic, irresponsible, and recently cheated on me. I will be better off being divorced from him, but it is still one of the hardest things I have ever gone through in my life, and its very hard in the kids too. My advice would be to find some sort of counseling and try like hell to work things out!
    mykidsrock77

Answer by mykidsrock77 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• If you have tryed every other option, like counseling then yes. My sister is with a guy like that and he just says "I am there for my family" wrong part of the family dude. You are pretty much single already.
    Anonymous

• Okay...this is so simple. Before you married this man, was he this way? His ex-wife beat you up when you were pregnant and he didn't do anything about it...Why? You've allowed him to do this to you for all these years and I can only imagine the pain that you are going through, therefore, I'll make this simple for you.

Its' time that you put aside all that has happend in the past and begin to work on the marriage that is presently before you. You give your marriage all that it deserves, that also means accepting the fact that there's something intruding in on your marriage that has not allowed your dh to put the marriage before it. Once you've figured out what that problem is, then the two of you can begin to get your marriage where it needs to be...Good luck
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2008