What do you do?

What do you do when your so called boyfriend spends every waking minute he can working on cars and doesn't really have time for you or the kids? I understand that he has a love of cars but shouldn't he love us more? I think yes but he always tries to make it seem like I am blowing things out of proportion. I get angry because I feel as though I have a right to and yes an ultimatum is involved but that just makes things worse.

Beenthere4times

Asked by Beenthere4times at 7:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd find someone who put me as a top priority. If you allow the childish behavior,he will continue to do it. Don't put up with his crap!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• is this for a job? if not, I would see about setting a limit as to how much time he would spend on it per week.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• he needs to realize what is more important cars or Family and you need to show him he is going in the wrong direction :( Dony put up with it you deserve so much better as do your kids! GL
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• IS this paying, the bills ?

If not, yes I would me angry.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• if its not work related i would come up with a comprimse on how much time he gets to play around with the cars
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 8:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Honestly, I'd find another boyfriend that better meets my needs. You're not going to change him, so you either love him the way he is, or move on. He has choices, and it sounds like he's making them.

I'm sorry if that's harsh, I don't mean it to be, but I think you'd save yourself a lot of heart ache if you can't live with his activities or behaviors now.
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 10:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'd say he's made his decision. As much as it sux 2 come 2 that realization, pry time 2 move on. Find sum1 who finds u interesting, not a dum car that can't carry on a conversation!
    mama2evan

Answer by mama2evan at 10:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well how is he in every other aspect of the relationship? Does he treat you good generally? Are you in love with him? I think he needs to compromise and give you at least one night a week for a date or whatever. Relationships that aren't nurtured, die.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It sounds like the two of you have different priorities. If you want this relationship to work, make an appointment with a couples counselor; if he won't go, go yourself.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010