New teeth + Nipple(BF) = ???

Silly question, but pretty important in my opinion... My son is 6 m and he just cut his 1st tooth today on the bottom right hand side. I am still BF and I was wondering if things change when babies get teeth (i.e. does BF hurt until I gets used to it)? Do things stay the same and he will know how to accomodate for his new chompers? And if it does change? How? and does it hurt?

madlyinlove412

Asked by madlyinlove412 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have to admit, I quit BF around the time they got teeth for both. 8 months for my daughter, 9.5 months for my son. I didn't like seeing them grin at me and then chomp. Good luck!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My daughter has eight teeth at nine months and we are still b.f. She bit me a couple times when she was done nursing and I tried to push it longer, otherwise it's fine.
    rocknrollbaby

Answer by rocknrollbaby at 3:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My son had 4 teeth and is 10 months...hes chewed once...and it bloody hurt...but thats it...no problems.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My mom always advised me that when the teeth came in, the BF stopped.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Never got bit once. The human race wouldn't have survived if teeth meant weaning!

Stop by the Breastfeeding Moms group and take a look at the "When Babies Attack!" thread on the group home page. Lots of great tips all through the thread.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2008