Did you breastfeed? Was it easy or hard to get started?

momx3gx1b

Asked by momx3gx1b at 7:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breast fed both my kids. I was not as informed with my first as I was with my second so it was so much easier with number 2. It is really so important to really read up or take a class. It seems like it should be so natural but it really does take some support. With support and someone to answer your questions it is pretty easy.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Easy for me. But I read and watched alot about it. I educated myself so I would be comfortable. I also got support from my husband and family to do it.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 7:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I had a hard time with my first. She had a hard time latching on correctly. Lucky there was a lactation consultant at the hospital that I could visit for free and she helped me out a lot.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 7:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yes, i did with all three of mine. the first one wasn't that easy. being a new mom and unsure of myself caused a lot of problems. but when my second and third came along it went better and better. it also helps to have alot of support. ask your local wic office, they will hook you up with a group that will explain and help you alot.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It took me at least 1 month; were it didn't hurt when he latch on. But I really want to breastfeed because I heard you lose weight because you burn calories plus it great for you baby. Good luck!!!!!!
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 7:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It came very very naturally for my first two babies. Hoping this 3rd one does as well :) The only issue I had was getting my first born to wake up long enough to nurse!

Its different for everyone though. But if you go into it with a positive attitude and support like the other moms mentioned...that is half the battle!

Some people have a hard time with it, and if you do, dont stress its not the end of the world...just enjoy your baby :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It was tough at first.....cracked nipples and no support from my extended family. But it all fell into place within a few weeks and I was so thankful I stuck with it. Best wishes!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Very difficult for me since my son had an undiagnosed tongue tie which made it difficult for him to latch. It is often tough the first couple months even without problems like that. The second time around was simple though. Make sure you get to know some local nursing moms for support in case it is tough for you. Oh and my first nursed til 18 months old and my second 35 months old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My daughter was a terrible latcher. We never got the hang of it. My son latched right on like a champ.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It was hard for me, my DD wouldnt take to it, i tried and tried, A nurse finally came out to my house to help and teach me easier ways to help her latch on. It worked. I was determined to BF!!!
    NewMommy0414

Answer by NewMommy0414 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010