aunt wants pregnant 12y/o cousin to..

come live with me and my fiancee. she wants nothing to do with her and said that she has to be out of her house before the end of the month. she said that she will gladly give me custody out right nothing asked.
Morgen is due 1 week after i am on January 26 2011.
im all for it but i want you ladies opinions

Prayingforbaby1

Asked by Prayingforbaby1 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is up to you. Do you want your pregnant cousin there? Does she have another place to go? Why doesnt her mom want her there?
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 7:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• She need all the support that she can get so go for it.
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 7:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yes i want her here i love Morgen like she was my own. her mom does not want her there because the father of the baby is puerto rican (Morgen is white) and she thinks morgen is a slut. and the only other family she has here in the states is my mom but she dont have the room.
    and what i want to know is what would you ladies would do in this situation
    Prayingforbaby1

Comment by Prayingforbaby1 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If you are "all for it" then I say God bless you and what a life saver you will be for her. Sounds like she will have a wonderful caring role model. She'll know someday how truly lucky she was. Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would only do it if you are really up for the challenge of acting as her mom/guardian. Is she intending on keeping the baby? You want 2 newborns in a house with a teen mom? Sounds like lots and lots of stress for you. Will her mom help with finances? Is there another family member who could take her in, rather than you?

Having gone through 2 baby-having experiences myself, I personally wouldn't do it, but I admire your commitment to your family, and your cousin. She is really fortunate to have you, and I hope she/her family is getting some counseling to help her deal with this situation. Good luck.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 7:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• What is she doing after she has the baby? Are you prepared to mother her, her child, and yours? I had my son at 15, and I am doing well right now. (I'm 19) I think it's pretty cruel of her mother to kick a TWELVE year old out of her house. Yes, she's pregnant, but how can you kick her out? Damn. But, I don't see the problem with it, as long as you realize you may end up raising her child and her as well.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would absolutely do it, just make sure you get full custody of the poor girl so she doesn't get torn around should her mother change her mind. Good luck
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 7:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think she needs you, 12 y/o is too young to be a mother and she is going to need your support. Her mother should be a shamed of herself and I hope you take legal custody of her just like the mother has asked. I am sorry she is going through this and her mother is being this way. God Bless and Good Luck!!
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• it will be 3 babies in the house (me-twins her-singleton)
    and yes Morgen is going to keep the baby she wants it
    her mother has made it clear the its full custody (she's tpr after the papers are signed)
    me and morgen have been really close since morgen was born(im 22)
    as far as money goes no she wont she's cutting all ties
    Prayingforbaby1

Comment by Prayingforbaby1 (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would take her in in a heart beat. Pregnant teens who have no one and are lost and confuse just break my heart. When my kids get a little older I plan on finding ways to get involved in reaching out to pregnant teens/ teen moms.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 8:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2010