Do you monitor what your children do online?

momx3gx1b

Asked by momx3gx1b at 7:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Absolutely ,even though my youngest are 12 and 13 we have a nanny/block program on their laptops and the p.c..Laptops are never allowed upstairs.We have a living room ,den and study downstairs so plenty of space for computer use.Plus my uncle is a retired judge and Federal Atty. that prosecuted a sickening number of pedophile crimes that started on the computer.He has had chats with my kids and my sisters kids.Scared the heck out of them.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• When My 8 year old is on the computer just playing games yes I dont want her to accidentally stray somewhere else and end up on anyother grown up site
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yes
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You have to I mean come on there are so many xxx site you wouldn't want them growing up to fast than they really need to. So yes monitor them. Plus there are chat room were there pervs you wouldn't want that happening.
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 7:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Mine are only 7 and 5...but we already have computer rules set up. The main one being they will NEVER have computers in their room. It is in a family location easily monitored as we clean up or cook.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Mine is 6 so I am always right there.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, and anyone that doesn't keep an eye (and I don't mean stand over their shoulder) on what their children are doing on their computers and game systems that have online capabilities is a fool.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 1:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yes
    SuperPookie

Answer by SuperPookie at 7:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My kids are thirteen and sixteen. I have a block on my comp that they hate! They cant go on certain sites, so I am not worried about it. Because these kids can erase the histroy, etc. So get a block on your computer. Its free. K9 protection is what its called I think. My kids hate it but oh well. I let them have a facebook account, but I am on their friends list....so basically I know what they are doing on there. If they are messaging, I dont check in to that because that is not ok in my eyes unless you think something is going on with them, and you feel you need to check. They do need some privacy!
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 2:15 AM on Aug. 8, 2010