depo shot q?

i had a baby 4 months ago and got the depo shot 4 weeks after having my baby ive only had 1 shot and its time now for my shot what happens if i miss this shot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You might loose weight, but increase your chance of pregnancy!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Then you're not on birth control anymore and have to be VERY careful. As far as I know the timing only has to do with being protected against pregnancy; you can get it any time after the 3 months is up.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 8:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It might take a month or two for your period to come back, but if you miss the shot, you are no longer on birth control and can get pregnant.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• you can get pregnant. I believe its only a 3 month shot! So if you don't wanna have a baby I'd make sure your using protection and when you go back (if you go back to get it) make sure they test you for pregnancy before giving you another shot.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 8:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You can get pregnant before getting your next period. I did.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You can get pregnant. It's been awhile since I had it but I think you have a window to get the shot in that your gyno tells you to come back in (for example August 14-28). If you don't get the shot by the last day of that window better start using condoms! If you're a couple days late getting your shot you should use condoms for the first week until the shot builds up in your system.
    JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2010