How did you do the vaccination schedule?

Did you follow it to the T or did you change it up a bit? I didnt want to start my daughter until she was 6 months old. I did this to my son and it worked out great. Should I still do ever 2 months,so when she is 8 months, or do one every 3 weeks or what?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sometimes I feel like crap for following the doctors recommendations to a "T". However I did and so far she hasn't had any side effects. I do think I will be slowing her down just a tad bit though starting her next appt.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i did it the same way my family has always done it, when they are getting check ups that's when they get their shots.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We have always just followed the regular schedule.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I stuck to the recommended schedule.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I was going to wait until 6 months and then do them one at a time, one every 6 weeks. I started researching even more to find out which one to start with, and found there wasn't a single one that I wanted to give her yet. So she is nearly a year, and completely unvaxed. She may get some eventually. But not likely until at LEAST age 3.

My boys I started at 3 months just because I felt they were too small at 2 months. But for the rest went by the schedule (except 3, 5, 7 months instead of 2, 4, 6). And I can tell you, they are a lot less healthy than their sister. Especially after having their MMR's which they both reacted to. DD will not be getting that one. At least not from me. She can choose to have it herself, when she's older.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2010