Would you be mad?

My Mother-in-law without any ill intent took my 2 year old to get her first hair cut. She was actually taking the older two and went ahead and got our 2 year old hair cut at the same time. The only issues was it was her first hair cut. I have no pictures, I have no hair saved and I feel awful. How mad would you be? How would you handle it?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 8:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be upset too and it's your right to feel how you feel. It may not be a big deal to her or anyone else but it IS to you and that is ok.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• hmm, well i guess my thinking is different than yours, bc i would say thanks! and you can take a pic of her first haircut... the finished product lol. i wouldn't be upset at all. i never saw the big thing in saving their hair..... i just like to take a pic of them with their new style!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well, she problely meant well. (sorry about spelling)

I would hope she meant well ?
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would be extremely upset. There is no reason she should have done that
    Sierra_Mistress

Answer by Sierra_Mistress at 8:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would be a little irritated. I would have told her that while I am sure she had good intentions I am upset because. . . . and tell her.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would have been upset too. I know how hard it is for the first hair cut. I am sorry. I'm sure she thought nothing of it, since she was getting the other kids hair cut. I would let it grow out and do it over again. I know it is going to be hard, but just pretend like it's the first, since it is the first with you.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, I would be very upset. That is something very special and it was uncalled for. If she was going to do it then she should have asked you and she should have taken photos.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You have a before picture. Now take an After picture. Not much else you can do so being mad is just wasting energy and the child might think you are mad at her. In all fairness you didn't tell her not to get the child's hair cut.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i wouldnt care... its a haircut, i'd probably say thanks
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 8:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i would be irate!
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2010