Do you think marriage is healthy for men?

Statistics has said that men benefit more from being married than women. For a women it comes down to more work. You have more clothes to wash, pressure of always looking your best, taking care of your kids or just being " every woman."

On the contrary, its healthy when men have a help mate...sort of speak. I hear about when a man is settled it is good for him. Running around seeing different women suppose to be bad for their heart. Although men may think the opposite. Do you agree?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 8:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• In order for a man to thrive he needs a spouse who will help him through life. Women on the other hand get less wrinkles and less grey hair when they don't get married. Yep, men need women. Women are the stronger of the species.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think marriage can be good for both sexes.
    I think marriage can also be bad for both sexes.

Whether or not it's good or bad for someone depends upon the individuals in that marriage, and the marriage itself. Not their gender.

As far as what's stated as possible reasons why marriage is "bad" for a woman. I say piishhaaww... lol A woman's marriage is only like that for her if she chooses for it to be. It doesn't have to be. If a woman chooses her marriage to be that way, and she likes, enjoys, is satisfied and fulfilled as a person that way. It will not be bad for her or make her unhappy. If a woman chooses for her marriage to be that way, and she is NOT happy, satisfied, enjoys or is fulfilled with it that way. It's going to be bad for her and she will be unhappy.

Same goes for a man. If his marriage/ relationship isn't one that makes him feel good and happy.. Then it's not going to be good for him.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I do. Security is good for both sexes.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i think it's healthy for men because let's face it they are better cared for by their wife than how they take care of themselves. for example, they eat better meals, are generally cleaner, are nagged into going to the dr. when they are sick, etc. i think the wife takes care of the husband, so of course that's better for him and makes more work for the wife lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm not a fan of marriage for either sex. But there are benefits for both sides as well as negatives for both sides... But I see more negatives for women than for men.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think this is one of the most sexist posts I've seen.
    'For a women it comes down to more work. You have more clothes to wash, pressure of always looking your best, taking care of your kids or just being " every woman." '
    this posts assumes that women do all these things and men don't.
    I think companionship is good, and it's up to the individual if they want to find companionship with one or many.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes I think so
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 8, 2010