• In the Spotlight:

Why cramps after a light period? Has anyone had this happen?

Okay, so this is what has happened so far.... I had a light period only 3 days total (lately they have been 6 or 7). The day after my period ended I had a really bad pain in the area of my left ovary. It lasted about 4 hours, but would have me doubled over and take my breath away. Now, for the last week I have had what feels like menstrual cramps as well as cramps in my lower back. I have been exhausted the whole time and really getting confused now.
Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen? What was the outcome?

*(disclaimer)* I do not expect to get free medical advice, nor will I treat responses as such. I am simply looking for other women that have experienced something similar. If you only want to bash me for asking rather than running to a doctor, don't bother replying.
Thanks. (:

cjzmom

Asked by cjzmom at 8:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

• well i have had something like that before..... a light period and then cramps again and usually it ended up that i bled some more, but the blood was old.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes I have had this before. Sometimes it is a pregnancy (which is why the period was light) and sometimes it is an ovarian cyst that developed while you were ovulating and it can rupture or twist giving you that enormous pain. It is not uncommon.
    Joy118

Answer by Joy118 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2010