Ca. Governor & AG Ask Judge NOT to Stay Gay Marriage Ruling

State Attorney General Jerry Brown and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger just filed papers asking Judge Walker to immediately enforce his decision declaring Proposition 8 unconstitutional and to allow equal marriages to resume in California right away.

Links to the documents in reply below. Judge Walker's decision is supposed to come sometime today. I truly hope he does NOT stay the ruling. I say enough is enough already. Quit trying to dictate who is allowed to love whom.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 8:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NightPhoenix

Comment by NightPhoenix (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It is a forum. Everyone (except you, I guess) comes here to discuss everything. And 95% of the time, it is not in the form of a question.
    If you don't have anything conducive to the conversation to add, place keep on trucking. Thanks and have a nice day!
    NightPhoenix

Comment by NightPhoenix (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think this is a blog, why dont you post in the right area instead of jumping all over someone for pointing out the obvious?
    Sierra_Mistress

Answer by Sierra_Mistress at 8:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Good news Night.

The majority should not be able to vote on items that limit others' rights.

This has nothing to do with religion.

In this country, we have a separation of church and state.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• God is not in charge of this country. God does not make the rules for this country. NO GOD does. We do not land on any one god to make any rules- and when we do, we get this - the denial of the rights of others. Sad.
    I hope that people are allowed to marry whomever they want, when they want, and how they want.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 9:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Last I heard, God didn't invent marriage...
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• LMAO You honestly think God is NOT in charge of this country or any other country? Well you are in for a rude awakening sweetie.

You poor thing. You should really educate yourself about the topic you're discussing and the people you're discussing it with before you leave yourself open to be absolutely annihilated like that. This is not a Christian nation. Your personal religion is yours alone and you do not have the right to impose it on anyone else. Gay marriage existed in all religions long before your very NEW religion was invented a few thousand years ago. Gay marriage was accepted by other religions until your money hungry dictatorship of a church came along and outlawed it as part of their campaign of oppression. Nobody cares what your religious OPINION is when it comes to making laws and telling other people how to live. And meanwhile, why are you so obsessed with other people's marriages? Is yours so boring?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Religion aside, I think they are seeing the potential for more tax revenue by wanting to allow same sex marriage.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• And why should I be bashed for believing in the bible and what it says?

You shouldn't. You should be bashed for ever considering, let alone expecting, anyone to give a damn what the bible says or expecting it to have the tiniest thing to do with civil law. Gay marriage is a legal issue, not a religious one.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Oh boo hoo, cry me a river. I am so tired of hearing how all these rights are violated yet they aren't willing to accept solutions to give them rights and keep the church people happy. You can't expect tolerance when you have none yourself.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010