Would this be considered a Mistress?

If a woman is in a relationship with a married man, but he has given her the impression that he is single, is she still considered a Mistress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• I would say no. If she is not aware of his situation (if they have been together for awhile I would find that hard to believe) then I don't consider her a mistress.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• not really sure what you are asking, but it sounds to me like the man is a dirt bag, and she is stupid for being involved...
    Anonymous

• It would still make her his mistress, however, after learning that he his married she definitely has the choice to leave and therefore remove her status as being his mistress.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Agreed with Dedicatedrider, whether she knows it or not, she is still his mistress. Just because she is not aware does not change the fact that she is the "other woman".

(And I say this from the standpoint of, unknowingly, having previously been the "other woman". And believe me, it does not change the fact that the wife or girlfriend that is being cheated on see's you as his mistress.)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yeah, it sucks, but I think it makes the woman involuntarily the mistress.
    Anonymous

• dedicatedrider is right...The woman would be a mistress, she just wouldn't know it...
    Anonymous

• A mistress is more often thought of as someone a married man keeps financially. So I would say no if it was merely a dating situation or friends with benefits thing. She was a woman who thought he was available and was developing a relationship with him so no I don't think the negative stigma of "mistress" should be branded on her. Now if you want to label HIM, I could think of a few choice names we could call him. I say that bc I've gone out with a guy who lied and said he was a widower. He dated lots of women so it was reasonable to believe he was telling the truth but he turned out to be married, the lying snake.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• yep, i would say she's a mistress.
    Anonymous

• That lady shall distance herself from that married man. Don't ever believe a married man will leave his family for you.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I wouldn't think so since he told her he was single.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2008