Do you ?

Do you Yard Sale or shop at Thrift Stores? I am just curious how many others actually do. I love to Yard Sale. I find so many bargains on great things. People come to my house and tell me how great everything looks. It really does look like I spent a ton of money on decor but I got most of it at Yard Sales, the Good Will or another Thrift store. My Kids have name brand Clothes, I've found tons of Motherhood Maternity clothes and so many other things at Yard Sales. I just love them.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 8:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i do.. why spend all that money on something when you can get it for half the price or even less at a yard sale or thrift store in great condition still
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would rather go to Goodwill, thrift stores or yard sales than buy brand new. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My family yard sales and my grandma shops at thrift stores. I LOVE yard sales especially in the rich neighborhoods because they usually have really good stuff abut don't know how to price things so they are really cheap! We have gotten some really good deals=)
    I will go to Goodwill if we are looking for tables or something I can sand down and recreate but other Thrift stores gross me out something about the smell...
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am totally ADDICTED to yard/garage sales. I buy the dollies that I refurbish for the charity shop at Christmas, but I have gotten candles and tons of material, yarn, and other "necessities" at yard sales. I find clothes for me and for my grandkids. I've gotten beautiful baby clothes (practically new sometimes) to give as gifts for a tiny fraction of the price in the stores--even WalMart!! And I get a lot of exercise!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I donate to thrift stores a lot. Does that count?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:57 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I've participated in garage sales in the past. I used to have fun with them. I would take a really expensive item and put $0.25 on the price tag. Then I would see how long it took for people to actually look at the price tag and flip out over it. They would always flip out and be so excited to get that treasure for $0.25!!!!!! It was fun, but I have a strange since of humor.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:59 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I love to shop thrift stores.
    dawnmarie70535

Answer by dawnmarie70535 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have three thrifts stores in my town and a second hand home furnishings store that sells on consignment. I just got the most gorgeous three piece solid oak TV cabinet with the slide in doors that came with two matching glass door side cabinets for only $300. It had to have cost close to $ 1200 or more new. The side cabinets now flank my bed. My big old tv has a new home in the living room and when I don't want to see it, I just close the doors!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I used to do Grage/yard sales all the time now I find myself not wanting to get out and drive to them all just to look. I should start doing that agin. I also like auctions where you can go bid on things. I do Goodwill also sometimes if I don't have a lot of money or looking for something in particular. I give lots to the goodwill and to my grandkids gets my dd's hand me downs does that count to
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 7, 2010