to those of you who work as cashiers...... and for those of you who use the re-usable shopping bags.........

when you use the reusable shopping bags at a store, does the cashier give you attitude about it? i love them bc they hold so much more than regular bags and i have to take less trips from the car into the house when we get home. at the grocery store i would say about half of the cashiers give me attitude about it.... the other half are fine. it's not like they have to lift the bag..... they keep it on the short belt and i put it in the cart when it is full. i have no idea why some of them hate it so much, i think it actually makes their job easier since i can fit 6 bottles of juice into 1 bag instead of them double bagging 2 bottles of juice at a time. does anyone else get this reaction? does anyone work as a cashier? how do you feel about the reusable bags and why? thanks :p

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• they do at walmart, I think because their little carousel thing isn't really set up for the reusable bags. and it is a hassle there.

at the other regular grocery stores, no they don't seem to care and I also kick the bagger out and bag it myself LOL they of course don't mind that either. Customers have given me evil looks over that one... until they realize I'm quicker than the bagger ;o) bagging was my first job so I'm pretty good at it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• when I was a cashier I had no issues with the resuable bags until sm1 wanted it packed in such a way that you would have to be perfect. If you but bread and squishables at the same time as heavy stuff and expect it all to stay perfect thats where we as cashiers got annoyed. I had two ppl that always complainted about how we bagged the bag no matter waht we did. That may be why they act that way- there afraid your going to complain
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 9:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Walmart sometimes does...stop shopping there. Kroger does not care b/c they encourage you to but reusable bags.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I use reusable bags and I've never received attitude from a cashier.
    lizmarie1975

Answer by lizmarie1975 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• no, i don't complain or tell them to do it a certain way. usually i group the things together on the belt so it gets bagged how i like anyhow (like i put all the frozen stuff together, all the juice together, all the little odds and ends together, etc.). i don't interfere with what they're doing unless they're trying to put a loaf of bread in with a watermelon lol..... then i would tell them i'll put the bread seperate
    princessbeth79

Comment by princessbeth79 (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i thought about using those but feared gettin charged twice for the bag....that would be my luck lol
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• where i worked they would call a sacker and he would take it to the car for you. those guys liked the reusable ones because they didnt rip and they fit a ton of stuff into them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• maybe they dont like touching other peoples used stuff? Idk lol
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 2:52 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I always bring my own bags, and I always pack my own bags.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2010