How do I let go?

How do I let go of a guy I was seeing who I know is not what I want or need? When he gets mad at me he says FU!! He says he doesn't trust me, he has no reason not to trust me. We never laugh together all we do is fight. But I keep going back to him when I know i can get better and deserve better!!! How do I let go and move on? Thanks for your advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Avoid all contact with this guy. No email, phone calls, driving by each other's houses, calling their friends to find out whats up, no nothing. Remind yourself what you just said here. He's no good for you and you are worthy of someone who loves and respects you. Would you keep a friend around if they treated you that way? Would you let your own family members treat you that way? Would you let your kids treat you that way? I would think the answers would be NO.

I wish you the very best.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You need to figure out a way to get confidence in yourself and tell yourself it's okay to be alone.
    Anonymous

• omg, were we dating the same guy? lol I read a book called How To Fall Out Of Love by Dr Debra Phillips. It really helped.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You decide you deserve better, and then dump him.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 9:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Wow my sister in-law is in a relationship similar to yours and I feel for both of you but as I feel for you staying with this guy is a waste of time we only have one life and for some it's not long so make your choice and live with it, do you want to be happy? or wonder each day if he really loves you. If he does and you leave him he just may realize and change his act, but hun the way you make it sound I would move on and have a happy life. Life is what you make of it so make it great, and whatever your decision good luck.

Anonymous

• Been there and done that. One thing that I learned is when you're tired of being treated wrongly and taken for granted, then and only then will you get up the nerve to leave this man alone.

First you must find what your morals are and if he isn't living up to them by disrespecting you, then its time for you to leave that man alone...but it takes you to make up in your mind what you will and will not take from anyone.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2008