Has your personality changed since the 1st grade?

Our personalities stay pretty much the same throughout our lives, from our early childhood years to after we're over the hill, according to a new study.

The results show personality traits observed in children as young as first graders are a strong predictor of adult behavior.

"We remain recognizably the same person," said study author Christopher Nave, a doctoral candidate at the University of California, Riverside. "This speaks to the importance of understanding personality because it does follow us wherever we go across time and contexts."

and what does your childs personality indicate?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20100806/sc_livescience/personalitysetforlifeby1stgradestudysuggests

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• A lot of things about me are similar, if not the same. I've always been opinionated. I've always been kind and unselfish. I've always been talkative, and somewhat of a dreamer. I've always been close to my parents, and I've always had a lot of sympathy for the suffering. I think almost all of it was instilled in me by my parents. However, I've also always been a worrier over little things, I've always had a fear of being without my parents, and I've always been a tiny bit spoiled. :)

While I've learned many lessons since then, approaches to life, and things about myself, I'm not all that different from the little girl I was 19 years ago, in the first grade.

I'm even doing what I wanted in life I'm a stay-at-home mom and wife. I have education if I ever need it, and work experience...but I'm in a sense, still playing house. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:55 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• OOPS!! Redundancy is not normally one of my traits!!

Note to self...do not invite family members over for impromptu BBQ with copious amounts of alcohol and proceed to post on CafeMom!!! LMAO!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My personality has changed somewhat over the 40 years since I was in 1st grade. As a kid, I was painfully shy, quiet, and very sensitive to people's comments. Here it is 40 years later, and I am stronger, more outspoken, and don't really care what other people think of me. I only have to answer to 2 people in my life~ God and myself! If someone doesn't like that, then that's too bad!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You want me to remember what I was like in first grade? I can barely remember what I was like last week.

I do remember being shy to a fault, and I am exactly the opposite now.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• From what I remember I was never the carefree bullet proof type. Always afraid of my own shadown so to speak. Now I tend to be that way with my kids.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Actually, no. I have very vivid memories of 1st grade (which was 36 years ago). Without getting into the details, let's just say my ability to read people and their true intentions has never failed me! I have very vivid memories of 1st grade (which was 36 years ago) Looking back, I know that I possess the exact same personality traits as I do today. I agree it is kind of scary! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yep, I use to be shy and now I am outgoing and say what I feel
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 9:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, considerably.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i am not who I should have been. i was sexualy abused in early childhood by a neighbor and raised by a woman who didnt love me PERIOD, a father who loved me but was a work a holic. who knows. but by 1st grade i had already been screwed emotionally, sexualy etc.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i very much disagree with those findings. i was very shy in grade school and now i am not. i know alot of people who were very shy when they were in grade school and now they have very strong personalities. i can only think about those who had aggressive personalities that stayed the same.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010