Are animals children too?

I just saw what I thought was the most ridiculous billboard for animal rights? It showed a vet with animals and the underlying caption read:
Animals are children too?....what are your thoughts on the comparison to children to animals?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am an animal lover, I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, and I love them dearly, but they are NOT my children.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would NEVER consider an animal a child. Sure they are kids too, animal kids. But that is a total different world.

Id ask those guys from the billboard if they would leave their kids outside in the rain, if they would let their kids chew on shoes or eat all kinds of dirt from the ground.

Yeah, those people are idiots for comparing an animal with a child.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I cant stand the fact that nowa days there are people that treat their pets better then their children. Pets are nice and good to have when you have children but they are not children by any means.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 3:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• No, they are not children. I'd give my life for my child. I'd protect my child at all costs. A pet?...nope, don't think so.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• That's funny! Baby goats are called kids.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Well I work for a Pet Resort and you would be surprised how many people out there see their beloved dog/cat as their child. I do not see my dog as my child, he is my pet. If I only have $5 in my pocket to feed either my son or my dog, I will feed my son. I love my dog dearly but should he develop cancer I won't be able to afford to treat it and therefore I will have to put him to sleep. I cannot do that with my child, I will have to find a way to treat his cancer/illness and cannot just call up the doctor to have my child put down.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 3:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• No. Nor do I think they should come before humans.

Before we take on the responsibilty of a pet, we should be in a position to care for the animal.. food, vet, vitamins, and GROOMING..
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My cats are my kids.. you bet. They are costly, they depend on me for survival, and they need love and attention.. Not too much difference there....
    Anonymous

• Pets are pets hint thats why we call them that. But don't get me wrong i love animals but they were definitly not my children. I do see where people can confuse the idea. Caring for a pet is a big responsibility, and so are children. I do believe that caring for my pets I had helped me prepare for becoming a parent with nurturing and all the responsibilities, but after my son was born they were'nt our first priority. But for those without children or their children areall grown they look for something else to nurture and be needed by, but there is definitly a fine line that Alot of people cross, trust me one o them is my mom, and it's annoying.

dmomma317

Answer by dmomma317 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Do I love my pets? You bet I do. Are they as important as my children? Hell no!!!! I love animals and am all for animal rights, but that's just dumb comparing animals to children.
    Elicia35

Answer by Elicia35 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2008