Quiverfull?

Do you know what it means to be quiverfull? I am just curious. Our family lives this lifestyle and we are finding that so many are so quick to judge before they even understand it. They think Quiverfull equals Duggars and it has nothing to do with that. It is about God.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 9:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well a quiver is what the soldiers/ hunters hung over their shoulders to hold their arrows. So a quiverful would be however many arrows fit in the quiver :)
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 9:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Have as many children as God chooses to bless you with...right?
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have friends who are. Me no. We use condoms to prevent(I don't feel right about other forms of BC...natural family planning would be okay but not willing to risk it). But we do leave our hearts open to hear promptings about weither or not to have another. In fact we thought we were done after #2 but then when he was 16mo we both had a strong impression that we were supposed to have nother. We have 3 children now.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• The movement, called Quiverfull, is based on Psalm 127, which says, "Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."

Those in the Quiverfull movement shun birth control, believing that God will give them the right number of children. It turns out, that's a lot of kids.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Of course...I meant to say that I copied and pasted from /www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102005062">here but got distracted by my little ones. I was going to find the verse itself but found this first. I completely respect why people believe this and I know that not all end up with large families.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Geez. Link didn't work. Sorry.
    here
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Nikki- It doesn't always turn out that is a lot of kids. The movement is based on that passage but it is believeing that God knows when your quiver is full. He blesses you with the number of arrows you are supposed to have. You use no form of Birth Control and you trust his timing and his will.
    I have friends who are QF and only have two children and I have friends who are quiverfull and have 13. It is not only big families who are quiverfull. It isn't about having a house full of kids, it is about trusting God.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010