Do you have a mini van?

I never thought I would want one but I totally do. they are better on gas than an SUV and you can fit so much stuff in them! What kind go you have or what would you recommend or not recommend?

GiannisMomma

Asked by GiannisMomma at 9:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Heck no. I drive a 2010 Chevy Equinox. 32 highway, 24 city. I will take my SUV over a minivan anyday.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• love love love mini vans! I prefer them over an SUV w/ kids
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Nope...I have a two door Monte Carlo SS and I happily rock it with a booster seat in the back!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have a chrysler town and country. About 30 on the highway and 24 in town. Love it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i drive a chevrolet astro.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My minivan is older.

I have a 2000 Chevy Venture. I LOVE it, but I really wish it had the power doors. Especially when it is raining or when I have a ton of groceries.

I love that each seat is a single seat, NO bench seats, so while it seats 7, I can arrange it easily to seat 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7. I currently only have seating for 4, because I needed to haul alot of stuff for work and just never got around to putting the other seats back in. They pop in and out very easily.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have 98 Town and Country. I usually average about 33-34 miles per gallon. However, I am going to be trading it in in February for a car. DH and I are down to just our two youngest as home and need to downsize badly!
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We've owned a Suburban SUV and a Voyager mini van (not at the same time). Honestly, I preferred the mini van. Surprisingly, my dh did, too - though he really didn't think he would. Not that he didn't love his Suburban, but the mini van was more versatile and a more comfortable ride.

I miss my mini van - we have 2 teens that are involved in a lot of activities - sports, scouts, etc, plus we like to camp and my dh does a lot of building stuff - so we're always hauling teens, sports crap or camping gear, wood, etc. The mini van was great for being able to be configured for whatever combo of that we needed it to be. Unfortunately we moved overseas and weren't able to take it with us so we got rid of it. :-(
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Honda Odyssey. Very convenient. I especially love starge well in the back - the groceries or whatever stuff you haul won't rollall over the place.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We actually have a full size Ford van that we absolutely love. It carries 7 people very comfortably and has lots of cargo space in the back. We recently took out the back seat and hauled a queen size mattress and box springs about 2 1/2 hours away. We love it!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010